Asbestos Abatement Service, Hamilton
Dangers of Asbestos
Asbestos contains harmful fibers that can attach themselves deep in the lungs and create long-term health hazards, including certain Cancers such as Mesothelioma (Cancer of the lining of the Chest or Abdominal Cavity), Asbestosis (scarring of the lungs making breathing difficult) and Lung Cancer. It is believed that there are no safe levels of exposure and can be extremely harmful over time.
The following are examples of common building materials with the possibility to contain asbestos;
- Vermiculite in attic insulation
- layered with wood chip, batt, or blown in insulation
- Drywall Joint Compound or Joint Cement
- Ceiling Texture (usually popcorn ceiling or knockdown), ceiling tiles
- Floor tiles and some carpets (paper backing or glue)
- Stucco & Plaster
- Duct wrapping around pipes, furnaces, heating vents etc.
- Sprayed paint and coatings
Danger! Asbestos Removal Must Be Done By a Certified Professional. We Are Certified By The MTCU and Our Workers are Experienced and Have Advanced Training.
Call Today To Have Asbestos Abatement Done In Your Home Or Business